What comes after Thanksgiving, before Christmas and is a total drag? That's right! Cold season. Luckily I have a simple soup recipe that will clear up your sinuses and kick your immune system into overdrive. This recipe for ginger carrot soup is packed with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties to boost your immune support and the spicy ginger will clear out your sinuses in no time. Plus, this soup is super yummy and filling.
You can get the grocery list for this soup HERE or keep reading for the full recipe!
Ingredients1 lb bag of carrots (sliced)2 yellow potatoes (halved)4 cups veggie stocka huge chunk of ginger (grated)1 onion1 clove of garlicsaltInstructions
1. Chop up your onion into small chunks and then mince your garlic. Throw them into a large saucepot with a bit of olive oil on medium-low.2.While the onions and garlic saute, peel seven carrots and slice them into dollars. Put the carrots into the saucepot with the onions and garlic. Let them saute for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally.3. Peel and quarter your potatoes and throw them into the saucepot with the other veggies. Sprinkle in a little bit of salt.
4. In a pot or a kettle prepare the hot water to make your veggie stock if you are making it from a solid. If you are using a liquid vegetable stock you can skip this step.5. Once the vegetables have started to soften, Pour in your vegetable stock and give your soup a good stir. Grate your ginger and add it into the soup.
6. Cover the soup and let it bubble on medium-low for 15 - 30 minutes. The longer you let it boil, the richer your flavors will be.
7. Once your soup has been bubbling for a while, remove from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
8. Now it is time to blend your soup. You can do this either by pouring it into a blender or by using an immersion hand blender. Blend until your soup is smooth.
9. Now your soup is ready to eat! If you want you can top off the soup with some curry- fried chickpeas, green onions and sour cream for some extra flavor.
This soup is great to warm you up on a cold night and will help fight off any lingering infection you might have. You don't need to feel guilty about eating lots of this stuff, it is good for you!
READ NEXT: How To Get The Skin Off Of Garlic